Even though I haven't posted much about quilting, it doesn't mean that I've not been busy sewing away. Below are many of the projects that I've been working on over the last couple of weeks.
The below log cabin type quilt is from the June 2008 issue of
McCall's Quilting. It's the quilt called Caribbean Blue. My quilt is completely made from green, blue and teal batiks.


Closeups of the quilt

The next couple of photos are house blocks from Bonnie Hunter's
quiltville.com
Happy Scrappy Houses. My yahoo group (
Redthreadquilters) is doing a scrappy houses swap. Many of us will be making these houses in sets and then we are going to swap them so that you end up with lots of different houses from all over the country. Below are examples of two of my sets. The first one is from leftover fabric from my Orange Crush quilt and the second is an example of my fabric love, very bright and bold fabrics. I also had to add a little Scottie dog in the window in honor of my dogs.
The next quilt is a graduation gift for my niece. She just graduated from High School the end of May. If you check out this post, you will see that I made a similar quilt for my other niece who graduated last year. The only difference is the fabric. The below quilt is made from all batiks that I've collected through online swaps.
And last but not least is my Orange Crush quilt without borders. I still need to add my borders but wanted to share how it has turned out so far.

2 comments:
I love the way your OC turned out!
Melinda,
Your new quilts are so beautiful. Kira and I just wanted to stop by and thank you so much for making her such a magnificent quilt. WE LOVE IT!
ALSO SHE IS LEARNING TO SPEAK WITH THOSE CRIB QUILTS YOU MADE US. They are not only special because of the swaps, and the fact that you made them, but they are helping her to recognize animals and speak, Wha hoo!
You have a wonderful talent.
Blessings from our house to yours.
Ivy
Post a Comment