Monday, June 16, 2008

Mean Mommy

Look at this cute and innocent little face. E is now at the age that she doesn't like it when I tell her no. Instead of throwing a major fit, she now tells me all about her frustrations. The latest is "You're a mean Mommy and I don't like you anymore" The first time you hear that it's kind of hard to handle as a Mom. I just say to her that "I'm sorry that you don't like me, but I love you"after those comments. She is now saying to her sister that "You're not my sister anymore" so I'm not the only one she gets frustrated with.

This weekend she was in rare form especially on Saturday. Her morning started off bad when I said she couldn't have a cookie for breakfast. This of course made her mad and she said she was going to "bite me" because I was being mean. I told her go ahead thinking that she was just blowing steam and didn't really mean it. I guess I should never underestimate her because she did come at me with her mouth open with the intent to bite my leg! Later that morning she was still angry at me because she had to stay in the car with her Dad while I ran quickly into Walmart with her sister (had to buy flowers for her dance recital later that day and she couldn't come with us). Her Dad was trying real hard not to laugh at some of the things she was saying. He wrote a few comments down for me and thought I would share.

"Mommy is not being nice. I don't like her anymore"

"I told you I am messing me up" (I think she was tyring to say that she's mad)

"I am gonna check mom out because she is a failure"

Nothing like a 4 yr old telling you that you're a failure!

Later that day all was forgiven because I got big hugs and lots of "I love you Mom". I guess I wasn't that bad after all.

1 comment:

Sarah's proud Mama said...

I feel your pain! Sarah is only 3 1/2 and she's already telling me how she doesn't like me when she doesn't get her way!
Robin