This is my first time doing a blog. Writing is not my specialty so it's probably not going to be anything deep or creative. My creativity will be from posting about my quilting projects (hence the title of the blog- Quilts). I'll also post a little about my two girls and my family (the other half of the title-and More). I'll start off by describing the latest quilt that I made for my niece's High School Graduation. I figured she will need something bright and cheery for her dorm room when she goes to college so that's what I did. The quilt is called "Wickedly Easy Quilt" and it was very easy to make. The pattern was a free download from a website online http://byannie.com/free_patterns.html. It used 20 fat quarters and I chose to use all bright fabrics. Most of the fabrics came from online swaps that I did with some of my Yahoo groups. I think it turned out kind of neat using such a large variety of fabric prints and colors. I hope she likes it!Closeup of quilt with binding

Closeup of one quilt sqaure

Twin size quilt
3 comments:
I love this quilt Melinda! I am excited about your new blog too... I love your quilts:)
Tracy in Virginia
I love the bright college quilt, Melinda. Do you know if that wickedly easy pattern is still available somewhere???
Stacey
P/S I received my birthday fq package (thank you!)
The quilt is so beautiful--I love seeing all the bright FQ's that we swapped!
Post a Comment