This quilt is a little more complicated. My client sent me the squares and backing and said make whatever you want. Even though I like the creativity part of making my own designs it does make you a little worried that your client won't like the same design you decide to make. Well I was lucky and she loved it. I used 96 squares and will use the other 4 in the border, which still needs to be added. I adapted the design from a Terry Atkinson pattern called Slide Show. I had to change the size of everything so that the quilt would be a twin size rather than a huge quilt since I used 96 squares. The tiny squares are only 7/8 inches finished size so you can see how small everything had to be.
An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break." --An ancient Chinese belief
Saturday, June 30, 2007
Staying Busy
For those of you who were checking daily to see my unfinished quilt tops, I apologize. I haven't had time to take more photos, but I will try to continue to post them but maybe not on a daily basis. I've been busy this week trying to catch up on all the quilting projects for other people that I've been commissioned to make. I started to make quilts (mostly One Hundred Good Wishes Quilts) for people last year and I've been very busy with clients since. When I'm finished with one, I usually have another one waiting to get started. Right now I actually have 3 that I'm working on and to break up the monotony of doing one quilt at a time, I've actually been working on all three at the same time. Now you can see why I've been too busy to take photos of my unfinished quilt tops.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh this quilt looks so beautiful and familiar:)
Ivy
Post a Comment