Wednesday, June 20, 2007

PlayDough

What do you do on a beautiful summer day when you find out your daughter has Pink Eye or Viral Conjunctivitis? M. woke up this morning with yellow gunk on her eye and her eye was a little swollen and red. After a quick trip to the pediatrician, we find out she has pink eye and is contagious so no contact with other kids today. Since it's viral too there is no medication to give her that will really help and it must run it's course. Because of this Pink Eye, no My-Gym camp today so I had to find something to keep these 2 girls busy. A friend of mine gave me this Play dough recipe a long time ago when her boys were young (the oldest just graduated from High School). I now have a reason to make it and today was the perfect day. The girls have been playing with it all afternoon and having a great time. I like this play dough better than the stuff you buy in the store too because it doesn't smell and I know exactly what is in it. Here is the Recipe for anyone who would like to try it out:

PLAY DOUGH

1 C. FLOUR
1/2 C. SALT
2 TSP CREAM OF TARTAR

PUT IN SAUCEPAN. ADD 1 TBSP OIL AND 1 C. WATER. COOK FOR 3 MINUTES.
ADD FOOD COLORING AS DESIRED.

No comments: