Step 3- 9 patches

I've had a very productive weekend. Not sleeping well Saturday night was probably a good reason why I got so much done. Getting up around 4:30 am gives you plenty of time to sew before the kids get up. Step 2 was finished on Saturday and Step 3 was started. I finished step 3, step 4 and step 5 on Sunday. Step 6 was started on Monday. DH was home all day due to
MLK Holiday so I still had plenty of time to sew. I finished step 6 and then began step 7. I'm not quite done sewing all the blocks with the rail fences but am close. I also put a little section of the quilt on my design wall to see what it would look like and I love it so far. Since the both girls are in school this afternoon, I'm hoping to get more done, maybe even get the top mostly sewed together. Those of you who think that I've done nothing but sew all weekend are wrong. I'm a very fast sewer and when I have time to just sit down and do nothing else, I can accomplish a lot in a short amount of time compared to others. My machine goes full speed and my pieces come together quickly. I've learned to be fast because if I ever want to complete something I have to get as much done before the girls start yelling "Mom, I'm hungry" or "Mom, I have to go potty" etc.. Below are photos of all the steps that I've completed and a partial layout of the quilt.
Step 4-Half 9 patch blocks 
Step 5- Hour glass blocks
Step 6-Ohio star Blocks
Step 6-Setting Triangle units
Step 7-Triple Rail/9 patch blocks
Step 7-Partial layout of quilt 
1 comment:
Melinda, you are such an inspiration! Your quilts are gorgeous! Maybe "someday" I'll get to work on this one, too! Thanks a bunch for sharing your creations! Maree :~D
Post a Comment