This is a rather large bag/tote that I made for a customer.
These are a few of the flannel receiving blankets that I've been busy making the past couple of days. All of these blankets will be donated to the Orphanage in Beijing that M and I will visit on our trip. M. and E. helped me pick out the fabric.
These are a few of the bibs that I made also. They will be donated too.
A couple small shoulder bags that I made for our trip. One is for me and the other for M.
This is a Stack-n-Whack Wallhanging. I made the top many years ago and I just finally got around to do the machine quilting and the binding. I finished the binding last week.
A close up of the quilt.
This is another wallhanging quilt that I made many years ago. My mother did the hand quilting and I just finished sewing on the binding. It feels good to totally complete some UFOs (Unfinished Objects).
A closeup of the quilt.
This is a quilt that I machine quilted for a customer. She will be donating the quilt to Love Without Boundaries Art Auction. I also did the binding for the customer.
This is another Charity quilt that I made. It's a OHGW quilt that will be donated to Love Without Boundaries Art Auction in 2008. All the squares and wishes were donated by members of the OHGWQ Yahoo Group and the RedThreadquilters Yahoo Group. There will also be a wish book that goes with the quilt and that will be made by Esther W. The design for the quilt came from a pattern that I found called "Twist and Turn".
Close up of a square and the outer border.
Another closeup of the quilt and the backing.
2 comments:
Your daughters, and quilts, are just beautiful. And your Scotties too! I clicked to your blog from the RQ (the quilt in the blog name caught my eye!) and started reading about your Scottie dogs, what a wonderful post. Then I somehow accidentally clicked off and when I got back to your blog I thought I was on the wrong one because you'd just added the pictures of the quilts, etc. They are just beautiful. My favorite aunt when I was growing up was a quilter and it just fascinated me. I eventually made two quilts, many years ago, and since adopting my son (S. Korea) and daughter (China, our happy family day is Nov.1,2004 --we were almost in Guangzhou at the same time that year). I even joined the OHGW yahoo group when I heard that there was one, and was determined that I was going to get started on my daughter's OHGW quilt. I prepared a letter to send out to friends and family....and that's as far as I got (at least a year and a half ago!!) Seeing your beautiful quilts has inspired me to get busy and get those letters sent out so I can begin collecting the fabric squares, I want to do one for my son as well. Some of the asian prints on your quilts are just beautiful, I never knew there were some many! I've seen a few of them, I'll have to search for some of the others.
What a special talent you have, as well as a beautiful family. I'm so excited to have found your blog! I'll be pouring over your various quilt designs as I continue to try to inspire myself to get busy and make my first (and second!) OHGW quilt.
The trip with your daughter sounds amazing. Enjoy! We travelled to Beijing for 2 days following our daughter's adoption (yes, we did it backwards from everyone else) and the pictures of my husband and myself, holding her on the Great Wall are so special to me. She loves looking at them and knowing we were there, especially since Dora and Big Bird go there in her DVD's! :-)
Dawn
I love that 'twist and turn' pattern! And the quilted tote bag. I need to make myself one of those!
Post a Comment