Wednesday, January 30, 2008

E has always been an animal lover even when she was a little baby. Some of her favorite books were about animals and the trips to the zoo were always her favorite activity. Today she is still an animal lover and dogs as pets aren't enough for her. Now she wants a turtle and a snail. She asked for those again today. She would also like a cat and a baby but those 2 aren't going to happen (a cat is a no no because the dogs would probably eat it and because of her dad's allergies and the baby isn't going to happen because 2 kids are enough for us). She says she wants a turtle because they move slow and the snail because of Sponge Bob (I'm not proud to say that E does watch Sponge Bob on occasion mainly because that's the only thing on TV in the afternoons while M is in School). Just in case you've never seen Sponge Bob, the snail is Sponge Bob's pet. My excuse now for not getting either one of these exotic pets is that E has to be old enough to do research on how to take care of the animals properly and old enough to care for them herself. I'm afraid that the time to have one of these "exotic" pets will probably come sooner than I want because E is now starting to read a little bit and I'm sure if she really wants a turtle or a snail, she will do what ever she needs to do in order to get them. I also hate to break the news to her that any snails that she gets will be living in a fish aquarium and won't be as large as the one on Sponge Bob. So in the meantime, she is playing with her stuffed cat (which she is now saying that it's a snail named Gary) and I'm going to keep hearing "Can I have a Turtle?" and "I want a pet snail." everyday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's too funny! When I was a little girl (and that was a loooooooooooooooooooong time ago) I had pet turtles. I just saw their "house" up in my attic this afternoon. Maybe E will be a vet someday! Have fun! Maree :-)