Friday, February 13, 2009

One UFO top finished for 2009

I've finished one UFO Top!!!! YEA!!! Now I have to get it quilted but at least I have the hard part completed. This pattern was from a McCalls quilting magazine and it's called Trading Patches. Most of the fabrics were from 8x8 swaps that I did with my Yahoo quilting group. I did have to add fabric from my nickel (5x5) squares and my 1 1/2 scrap strips. There are 440 blocks in this quilt! If you go to this link , Mccalls Quilting has a free pattern for this quilt in a throw size. I did change the size of my blocks just a little. It can be made from 5x5 squares and 1 1/2 x 8 rectangles. I cut my blocks to 5x5 squares to finish at 4 1/2x 4 1/2.

One down and many more to go!

photo 12

1 comment:

Elaina said...

It looks gorgeous! I love that pattern, so classic looking but so very colorful too.