
I just recently saw this
blog that showed a quick and easy way of making blocks by using 9 squares. The blog used charm squares (5x5 inches) but I thought that
the same technique can be used with any size of square. I have tons of projects going on at the moment, but I just had to try this technique out. This morning before the girls got up, I was able to complete a whole quilt top in under 2 hours. I had some squares from a swap that I did several years ago with a beach/ocean theme. I cut them down to 7x7 squares and then sewed them into the 9 patch. I then cut the 9 patch into 4 sections. I had 27 squares so I was able to make 12 blocks.

. This is the quilt that I made this morning. I'm also proud of myself for only using fabric that I already had in my stash and I used up some squares that were collecting dust for a while. It turned out kind of cute and it was very simple and fast to make.
No comments:
Post a Comment