The girls had a fun time trick-or-treating with their Dad last night. It was nice to have something to do since our Schools have been closed for 3 weeks now due to a Teacher's Strike. I have been making M.'s costumes since her first Halloween here in the States. This year was no different. I do usually have a little more influence on what costume she is going to wear due to me having to sew it, so this year she went as a girl "from the 50's" (as she would say). I made her a pink poodle skirt (couldn't put a poodle on it though because I had to put a Scottie) out of felt. I appliqued the pink Scottie on the front and I also made the black belt out of elastic sequins. I think she made a very beautiful "Girl from the 50's". I do feel bad for E. though because right now she has no choice of her costume. She has to wear M.'s old costumes. I really don't want to make two costumes a year. This year the costume of choice was Dorothy, complete with the ruby slippers. E. was very happy to be Dorothy so all was well. She too looked pretty cute in her costume. Their Dad put on a banana costume to walk around with them. M. was very embarrassed of her Dad (as she said). I think the main problem was that he was getting a little more attention in his costume than she was and she didn't like it. Enjoy some photos of the girls in their costumes.
An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break." --An ancient Chinese belief
Thursday, November 1, 2007
Happy Halloween
The girls had a fun time trick-or-treating with their Dad last night. It was nice to have something to do since our Schools have been closed for 3 weeks now due to a Teacher's Strike. I have been making M.'s costumes since her first Halloween here in the States. This year was no different. I do usually have a little more influence on what costume she is going to wear due to me having to sew it, so this year she went as a girl "from the 50's" (as she would say). I made her a pink poodle skirt (couldn't put a poodle on it though because I had to put a Scottie) out of felt. I appliqued the pink Scottie on the front and I also made the black belt out of elastic sequins. I think she made a very beautiful "Girl from the 50's". I do feel bad for E. though because right now she has no choice of her costume. She has to wear M.'s old costumes. I really don't want to make two costumes a year. This year the costume of choice was Dorothy, complete with the ruby slippers. E. was very happy to be Dorothy so all was well. She too looked pretty cute in her costume. Their Dad put on a banana costume to walk around with them. M. was very embarrassed of her Dad (as she said). I think the main problem was that he was getting a little more attention in his costume than she was and she didn't like it. Enjoy some photos of the girls in their costumes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love the costumes, and the banana cracks me up! I can see why he got a lot of attention!
Post a Comment