Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Quilt Shop Hop and other quilting stuff

Last weekend, I got to spend a whole two days doing nothing but going to quilt shops and spending way too much money. For the past 5 years, I've spent my Birthday weekend doing the Ohio Amish Country Quilt shop hop with my Mom and no kids. What better way to spend my birthday but shopping for fabric (without the kids trying to destroy the quilt store while you are looking). Each shop makes a quilt out of all the other shops quilt squares by using the same theme fabric. This year's theme was "Patches 'n Petals". You have the opportunity to purchase a kit at each store with their block and choice of fabrics. By the time you have visited all 12 stores, you can have enough blocks to make a sampler quilt. On Sunday while the girls were at the Wiggles concert, I was able to sew about 6 of these blocks together. The photo above is one of them. Once I have all the blocks sewn, I will then need to come up with an idea on how to put them all together into a quilt.

I've also been busy sewing a zodiac quilt for a customer, machine quilting another quilt for a friend of mine (she saw my quilt top that I posted on this blog and wanted to buy it so I finally have it finished for her) and machine quilting a quilt for a customer.
Chinese Zodiac Quilt

Attic Window quilt for my friend

Machine quilted with little meandering hearts for customer.

No comments: