Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Nature Walk




What do you do on a beautiful fall afternoon when there is no school? Why not go on a Nature Walk. Since Monday, M's School District has been closed due to a Teacher's Strike so I've had to come up with some activities to keep both girls occupied and to also try to get M. to continue to learn something while out of school. Today I thought we would go to a local State Park that's not too far from the house and go for a walk through the woods and along this creek. It's not an easy trail to walk because it's full of rocks, leaves, tree roots and other obstacles, but both girls did great. I had to hold E's hand the whole way but I didn't have to carry her this time. We mostly saw lots of leaves and tried to find out what tree they came from by using our little tree book. We also saw a few creepy, crawling
insects along the way. The creepy, crawling bugs were the biggest hit. I guess they are more exciting than looking a leaves.












No comments: