Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Weekend Projects

I had lots of time to sew this weekend so I took advantage of it. I don't know why, but for some reason, I've been interested in making purses. I'm not really a purse person (don't even carry one) but have enjoyed making something different instead of just sewing a quilt. I got so into it this weekend that I made 2 purses and have a 3rd one half way completed. I am planning on donating one of the purses to the upcoming Half The Sky Auction in October. The other two might be some Christmas gifts. I was also able to start on another One Hundred Good Wishes Quilt for a customer. All in all a very productive sewing weekend!!

Purse #1-This is made from a pattern from Tammy Tadd Designs called The Zippy Convert-Able! My plan for this purse is to donate it to the Half the Sky Auction in October.

Purse #2-I had so much fun sewing the first purse that I went out and bought fabric and supplies to make a few more. This one may be a Christmas gift for someone special or it could just take up room in my closet :)

Purse #3-The one with the bright polka dots. I didn't quite finish this one. The outer purse is complete but I need to make the inner liner. I decided to make the larger purse this time.

Beginnings of the One Hundred Good Wishes Quilt. I was able to cut out all the pieces for this quilt and then sew one row together. I needed imput from my customer before I continued and that is why I started to make the purses and kind of got carried away!


1 comment:

Tracy said...

Love the purses! #2 has a great sense of movement.

I also love the Greek Cross type pattern for the OHGWQ, looks great!