An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break." --An ancient Chinese belief
Friday, September 28, 2007
Busy
I haven't forgotten about the blog. I've just been busy being a single parent these last few weeks. There also hasn't been too much of anything exciting going on to even write about. I have had some time to sew but no time to take pictures. I've been working on a quilt for a customer and I am now ready to sew on the binding. Finished quilting it yesterday. I'm also working on another quilt for my second cousin. For her High school graduation, I made quilt blocks and she had all her friends sign them. Now I'm putting all those blocks into a quilt. My Aunt would really love to give her the finished quilt for Christmas which means I need to start now. There is also another quilt in the waiting that needs to be machine quilted. This one is a charity quilt that someone else put together from my Yahoo group, Red Thread Quilters. We all donated 6 inch blocks and she sewed this beautiful top and I volunteered to machine quilt it. Other than that, I'm just busy driving the girls to all of their activities and sitting/watching them while they have fun and get in shape. I probably sit close to 5 1/2 hours a week watching M. at gymnastics and Chinese dance and E. at gymnastics and just regular dance class. They get in shape and I just add the pounds :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Too bad you can't quilt while the girls are in activities!
I was wondering how things were going for you this month! Hang in there - Ken will be home soon!
Wish we lived nearby - we could share some grownup talk!
Hi Melinda, Looking forward to seeing some photos of your latest masterpieces when Ken returns to PA. Hang in there! Barb
Post a Comment