Tuesday, September 11, 2007

1st Day of Preschool


Today was E.'s first day of Preschool. She is going to a 3 year old program through our Park District two days a week. This is the same Preschool that M. attended for 2 years. E. was so excited to finally be able to go to school (she is my scholar and just thrives on learning). E. wanted to go this morning but she had to wait all day to go in the afternoon. This week they split the class up and have each group only go for one hour to class to get used to being in School so we had some time to kill before her class. So what does my little scholar want to do for an hour, but go to the Library and work on the computer learning her phonics and letters at the website Starfall.com (she is able to do everything on this site by herself). When it was time for class, I walked her to her room and she walked right in and didn't look back. I don't think I even got a "Bye Mom". When I picked her up, she was just as happy so I guess everything went ok. My goal for her this year is to learn to interact better with other children, something that she definitely needs to work on. They probably won't teach her anything that she doesn't already know but that is ok. She's there for the socialization part.

No comments: