Thursday, March 27, 2008

New Quiltville Mystery-Orange Crush

I've decided to do the next Quiltville Mystery, called Orange Crush. The first steps for the quilt will be posted on April 1 so I'm so patiently waiting until I can get started. I've gone through my fabrics to get some idea of what I want to make. I'm really going to try and be good and only use fabrics that I already have on hand and not buy anything new. I found a great floral type print that has wonderful colors that I'm going to pull other fabrics from my stash to coordinate with it. The colors are going to be rust/orange, green, black and the accent will be periwinkle blue (I don't have a lot of this particular color so I may have to buy some). I haven't decided if I want to make my quilt scrappy or control the colors. I do have enough of one fabric for the all the lights to be of one fabric and I'm thinking about doing the same for all the darks (these are the 2 and 31/2 inch strips that Bonnie uses from her scraps). Below is a photo of my fabrics that I've chosen so far:

This is my inspiration fabric, the fabric that I'm using to pull all of my other colors for the quilt.

These are my fabric choices so far. The light fabric on the right will be used for all the light scrappy strips that Bonnie uses in the quilt. I haven't decided on which fabric to use for the dark scrappy strips yet.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I love your colors. I am excited you will be joining in on the OC mystery. I can't wait to see your quilt come together!