It's been a while since I've posted anything quilting related. I have been working on a couple of projects but it's just been slow going. Mainly because I haven't had the time and also I think a little of the Winter Blues. I haven't even felt like sewing for a while. I think I've rekindled the bug this week because I've actually finished up a couple of quilt tops that I've been working on. The first is the Quiltville Mystery, Carolina Crossroads. I finally finished adding the borders last night. I really love how the top turned out and I'm getting excited to actually get the machine quilting done. I'm waiting on a wonderful thread order that will be coming my way before I start. The members of the Redthreadquilter Yahoo Group that I founded were so kind to me and did a Thread Surprise while I was in China. They were really kind because I was able to order 25 different cones of thread. All I can say is WOW and a HUGE THANK YOU!!!!! I will be getting about 10 spools of my favorite piecing thread (Aurifil) and 15 spools of 3000 yd Signature Thread for my Machine Quilting.
Carolina Crossroads
Another quilt that I've been working on is from the book One Block Wonders. This book is basically a variation of all the Stack-n-Whack Quilts that I've done in the past. I made one kind of block out of the same fabric and then the twist to the quilt was the layout. The center of the quilt is all the same block made from the same fabric. You get such a wide variety of colors when you make it from the same fabric which enables you to have fun with the all the design possibilities.
A photo of the fabric that I used for all the kaleidoscope blocks.
Some of the individual blocks
The finished quilt top.
2 comments:
Love the finished CC and I am blown away by the kaliedescope quilt.
Sorry you had the blues, glad you are feeling better.
Melinda, I love the colors in the Carolina Crossroads quilt and I also love the other one you posted a picture of. If I had any time I really would like to take a quilting class.I guess I have to wait until the girls are in college...by then I probably won't be able to see anything. Hope you are all well!
Lynn
Lynn
Post a Comment