For the past 3 years, I've been making Charity Quilts for a great organization
Love Without Boundaries(
LWB). I've mostly been making One Hundred Good Wishes Quilts from donated blocks and wishes from one of my Yahoo Groups (
OHGWQ Yahoo Group). For
LWB Art Auction in May 2007, I donated 4 quilts plus I made one for a customer, which she donated to the Auction. This year the quilts raised almost $1700 to provide heart surgeries for children in China. To see the quilts I donated this year, click on the
webshot album link to the right and all the quilts are in this album. I've been collecting squares and wishes already for my 2008 Charity Quilt and I'm proud to say that I've started the construction of the quilt. I was trying to decide what pattern to make the quilt, when I received in the mail a block pattern and some fabric. It was an
RAQ (Random Act of Quilting) from another Yahoo group I belong to and it couldn't have arrived in a more timely manner. The heart pattern was perfect for my quilt and just the right size to be able to cut out all the parts from the 8x8 squares that I had. Below is the quilt in progress. I'll post the final quilt top once it's finished but I just had to share what I've done so far.

Here are a couple of rows sewed together with the
sashing fabric. The fabric on the bottom with the little Asian children will be the border for the quilt and also the backing. This fabric was kindly donated by Esther W., who also is the one who put together all the wish books for the 2007 Auction quilts.

A Close up of the Heart Block
1 comment:
Love the quiilt!!! It really pops with the heart fabrics set on the very pretty pale watercolor pink. How great that you donated 3 for last years auction!!! I have only thought doing that, as it seems that I can never finish my current projects in order to make an extra. Gotta tell my friends + family to stop having/adopting children so I don't need to make baby quilts!! :)
Sue
linked here via the RQ site
Post a Comment