Sunday, July 8, 2007

How Many Blueberries....

can a tiny 3 year old eat? E. just loves all kinds of fruits and berries. I mean all because I haven't found any that she won't eat yet. The other day I found some blueberries on sale and bought 2 pints. The girl ate them all! She ate one pint in one sitting for lunch and would have eaten more but they were all gone. Seeing her eat all those blueberries brought to mind Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory and the little girl that blew up like a big blueberry after chewing the gum. E. didn't turn blue but she did have some colorful bowel movements for a couple of days.

I keep mentioning the tiny, little 3 year old, well E. is very small. Her photos are deceiving and she looks bigger than she really is. E. needs to grow another inch in about 3 weeks or else we have to go back to the doctor because she isn't growing like she should (along the growth curve). E. isn't even on the American charts for height and depending which Chinese chart you use, she's either not on it or less than 3 %. Let's hope all those blueberries gives her a boost and she shoots up that inch because the girl hates to go to the Doctors (she's very vocal about not going to the doctors or getting any more shots) and I really don't want to subject her to anymore tests.

2 comments:

Becky said...

I remeber that movie! "Violet, you're turning violet!" I can't even begin to imagine what 2 pints of blueberries does in the diaper area! I know what happens to my girls after just a few handsful! But look at it this way - she's getting WAY more than her "5-a-day" of fruits and/or veggies! You should get her a copy of the book, "Blueberries for Sal" - it's great, and she could relate!

Sue said...

Holy smokes! A half pint ate a whole pint?! Just kidding. My daughter also loves the blueberries, although I usually cut her off at half a pint - I'm worried that she will eat too much and complain of stomach aches. Hopefully though w/ all of the great summer produce that she will add on those pounds!

Sue
linked from the RQ site