Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Sickness

M has been ill with strep for the past 5 days! It started as a cold that went on about a week and then she started to run a fever. On Saturday this fever started and didn't go away by Monday so we took her to the Pediatrician. I was thinking that maybe she had broncitis or something because of all the coughing she was doing but it turns out she had Strep and is now taking her first ever antibiotic. She made it 7 years without being on any kind of medication (other than tylenol). She has been home from School for 2 days and I'm so ready for her to go back today. I'm hoping when she wakes up this morning that she no longer has a fever so she can go back to school. Yesterday she was a little stir crazy (and was starting to drive Momma a little nuts!). I thought she was on the mend yesterday because her fever was gone for most of the day (the motrin worked well) but last evening she had a temp of 103.2 again. The motrin brought it down immediately again but I'm hoping this morning it's normal. I'm also hoping no one else in the family comes down with Strep (including me!).

2 comments:

my3 kids said...

Awe I hope your little one is feeling better real soon. Good luck, I hope you don't get it either!!

mamagoose said...

Hey Melinda, Caite got strep all on Easter Sunday! We spent the whole day chasing up clinics, Dr's and then Pharmacy's that were open on Easter Sunday! Argghh! She had no throat symptoms at all other than her tonsils were massive but they don't hurt her at all! It's the tummy symptoms, the high 102F fevers and not being able to keep even water down that caused me concern. she only got a faint strep positive result but we are treating her anyway. poor chicken :(
Kisses to your pumpkin too! And hugs to you... I feel your pain! Ughh.
Les