Wednesday, April 1, 2009

LWB Art Auction



For the past 4-5 years I have donated quilts to the Love Without Boundaries Art Auction. LWB is a great organization that provides medical and other services to Children in China. Friends of ours youngest daughter, received a much needed heart surgery funded by LWB. Today this little girl is full of energy and keeps her Mom and Dad very busy. This year I didn't make as many quilts as I have in the past due to not having as much time now since the girls are a little older. My sewing time isn't as great since now I'm never home because of all the driving around to the various activities that they are involved in and waiting around until they are finished. I did manage to finish up one quilt that I actually started for last years auction but wasn't able to complete it on time. I only finished it last week too so it's nothing like waiting until the last minute to complete something when you had a whole year to work on it! This is a US State quilt. All the squares in the quilt represent the 50 states and Washington, DC. There is one extra block of patriotic type fabric too because I needed 4 stars for the corners of the quilt. There is also a wish book that goes with the quilt that describes each of the states and the fabric chosen for that state (the wish book was made by another one of my on-line quilting friends). I hope the quilt and wish book bring in lots of money so that another little boy/girl can be healed by receiving a much needed heart surgery.

Closeup of the quilt

I finally completely finished a UFO too! YEA!!!!

No comments: