Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Recent Quilting Stuff

Here is another House Block that I've made for my Block Exchange. This one I've titled the Dog House. Just couldn't resisit making a block from some of my dog fabric!

The next quilt is from a pattern designed by the Buggy Barn called Buggy Barn Crazies. I'm normally a very bright kind of quilt girl, and this one is definately not bright. From some of my online swaps, I had collected a little stash of pastel fat quarters and I thought this quilt would be a great way to use up some of those fat quarters (28 to be exact).

The next quilt is from the book 40 Fabulous Quick-Cut Quilts by Evelyn Sloppy called Cheerio. One of my Yahoo groups is making this quilt as a group project. Basically many of us loved the pattern and to help motivate everyone to actually complete the quilt, we will post about our progress and will help each other out if there are any problems. This one is made entirely from Batiks. I'm still debating about adding an another border to it, but I have to find that perfect batik and I haven't had any luck yet. I just may end up leaving it like it is if I can't find something that will work.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I LOVE the dog house!!! The other quilts are amazing!

Ivy Shaffer said...

Hi Melinda,
I love my new quilt and the tote bag. THANKS SO MUCH. You certainly have an incredible talent. My other two baby crib quilts are being put to good use. Our little one just loves to point out the little animals and happens to also love the flower one you made for us. Thanks so much again.

Hugs,

Ivy
Momma to an amazing Spicy Girl from Hunan