Thursday, October 11, 2007

OHGW Charity Quilt

My first One Hundred Good Wishes (OHGW) charity quilt is finished!! I think this is a record because usually I finish the tops well in advanced and am rushing the last month or so to get all the quilting done. This time, I finished everything. This quilt will be donated to Love Without Boundaries Art Auction in 2008. All the squares and wishes were donated from members of the OHGWQ Yahoo Group. I added the fabric for the heart backgrounds and the sashing. The border fabric was donated by Esther W. , who is also doing all the Wish Scrapbooks for me. I ran out of the little Asian boys/girls fabric for the backing so I added a coordinating fabric to make the backing large enough. I did an all over meandering with little hearts and loops. I think it turned out great and I hope it raises lots of money for some little girl/boy's heart surgery in China.
Quilt Closeups
.

2 comments:

Pam and Jeff said...

This is gorgeous!!!!!! You are so talented.

Tracy said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love the colors and the quilting:)