Since I have not been very good at keeping this blog updated on a regular basis, maybe I'll do better if I do a monthly update. We shall see if I can keep that up :).
February has been a busy month. Both girls had birthdays this month. M turned 8 and E turned 6. Our schedule is so hectic that I couldn't even find a timeframe to have birthday parties until about April. Both girls agreed on getting a Wii for their birthday in exchange for a party. Yea! that took a lot of extra pressure off me to try to figure out some kind of party for them. We did a little celebration for E's birthday at a Chinese New Year event that we attended that was on her birthday. She was excited to have everyone sing Happy Birthday to her that evening.
Snow has also been a huge factor this month. We were hit hard at the beginning of the month with 20 inches of snow in one night. School was cancelled for 4 days that week. We still have lots of snow on the ground today. I'm so ready for Spring!!!
M has been busy with gymnastics this month. She had a meet on Jan 30 in Erie and a meet on Feb 19 in Columbus, OH. She was suppose to also have a meet on Feb 6 but that was cancelled due to our huge snowstorm the evening before. She is improving with every meet. She's not the best gymnast on the team but that doesn't seem to bother her. She is still motivated to go to all the practices and try to improve her scores.
M's level 5 team
M has also been busy dancing. Her Chinese dance school does lots of different performances all around town in addition to their annual recital. M did her duet dance on Feb 20 and also did her group and duet dance at another event on Feb 21. Her annual recitial is this Saturday. Between gymnastics and dance, she is one busy girl (and I'm one busy mom).
Duet dance, Picking Flowers
No comments:
Post a Comment