The first one is for a Calendar House swap and my month was April. I've titled it "Raining Cats and Dogs" because I found this great fabric with dogs and cats falling out of the sky with rain. I used that for the main part of the house. The roof is rainbow type fabric. The doors and windows is money fabric in honor of Tax filing day. The chimney is fabric that looks like trees for Arbor day. The sky fabric looks like rain.
The second house is another Calendar House, this time for February. I just had to use heart fabric for the main house, roof and chimney for Valentines Day. The door and window is party fabric in honor of both of my girls's birthdays, which happen to be in February. The sky fabric looks like fireworks for Chinese New Year (even though Chinese New Year could be in Jan or Feb I wanted to portray it in my Feb Houses).
Once all the houses are swapped I will receive 12 houses portraying each month for each group that I joined (in total I will be getting 24 different houses). My goal is to make each of my girls a calendar house quilt. I say my goal because who knows how long it would take me to actually finish the quilts :)
No comments:
Post a Comment